I just completed my 2nd Parachute Playtime and It went great! My boss was able to be there to help me, which was nice. Just having another person to help guide the children was very helpful. Although, this one was about half the size of my first one I did so it was much easier to manage and not as crazy. All the people were new and hadn’t been to the previous playtime. I hope I didn’t scare the first group of people away! Here is my outline:
Begin with children sitting on the parachute and explain the rules and how we use it.
- Always hold with two hands
- There are younger kids so don’t shake it too hard, be aware
- Don’t pull the parachute
- If I ring my bell then you must stop shaking the chute and put it on the ground and put your hands on top
- Take our shoes off
- Don’t lift the chute when someone is on it
- Have parents sit behind the child and guide them
- The Wheels on the Bus
- Roll the Ball By: Carole Peterson
- We used the play balls and rolled and bounced them
- Mover Music (Jump Up!) By: Imagination Movers
- GREAT SONG!
- Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the bed By: Mr Eric
- We used monkeys from Oriental Trading-FUN!
- Ring Around a Rainbow By: Georgiana Stewart
- Held the chute and went in circles
- What Falls in the Fall By: Laurie Berkner
- Used leaves on the chute, really fun
- I hear the Water By: Mr Eric
- Made the sound of rain by tapping on the chute, very calming, swayed back and forth
Overall it went really well! Since we had a smaller group, the parents mostly sat next to their child and held the chute. I used the bell again. They of course loved using the play balls and bouncing them all around. I discovered the Imagination Movers from Disney because my daughter used to watch them. Be sure to check out their CDs, they are fabulous! Very upbeat and perfect for little ones. I wanted to incorporate leaves in this one because it’s now fall outside and I found a great Laurie Berkner song. I had some fake leaves that we had been using for decoration and we used those, it was so realistic! Again, we ended with I hear the Water by Mr Eric and Mr Michael. I really loved that calm and soothing song. I’m going to be doing a baby playtime at the end of November that I’m very excited about! Be on the lookout for that one!